Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weird Things That Have Happened Today

Weird things that have happened/ I have done today:

1. Got a bad review and laughed instead of cried (it's difficult to explain this without sounding like a bitter shrew why I was so amused but one day I promise I went. Let's just say being described as an "adept bimbo" has probably been the highlight of my Fringe thus far.)

2. Been praised by a strange man on the mile for being brave enough to move out of my parents house. He held my hand whilst stroking my wrist and told me I was very small 6 times and then started stopping passers by to show them how small I was. Then he asked where I was from and when I said Somerset he said I was very brave for being in Edinburgh and away from my home. I'd forgotten quite how severely I can attract a crazy person during the Fringe. Sigh.

3. I've licked half an orange that fell on the floor. My friend (the Welsh one) is having a bad day and then he dropped his orange on the floor so I very quickly licked all the dirt off it and then he could still eat it. I'm not sure whether I got more germs from #2 or #3 but it's safe to say I should get some jabs.

4. An old man offered me a ticket to see the Tattoo with him because his girlfriend has had to go into hospital for an emergency hip operation. I find this idea funny enough that I don't need to embellish it.


So, there you go. That is one day. One day of this shit. I just wanted to give a quick idea of how sometimes I just wonder what it would be like to have a normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment